Counseling Support Fund
The purpose of this fund is to provide access and assistance in funding for a Christian counselor to be available to pastors, church planters, staff and families. It also is to bring a counselor to the Dakotas to consult, lead workshops in churches and associations, both regionally and state-wide.
The fund is to help financially with the cost of counseling based on financial need utilizing a sliding scale.
Guidelines for this fund:
- When a pastor, church planter, staff or family member indicates through the below form, phone call or personal request his desire for a counselor, a confidential request form will be mailed to him.
- The form will be directly submitted to the Christian counselor with the counselor being responsible for contacting the person requesting help.
- If the person requesting help has a counselor he or she prefers, the DBC Executive will contact the individual and assistance will be arranged.
- The DBC will cover the cost of four sessions with a counselor and consider more at the recommendation of the counselor.
- After four sessions, the counselee will be asked to assume some part of the cost for counseling on a sliding scale to be determined by financial need.
- Any counseling assistance provided will be approved by the chairman and vice-chairman of the Executive Board upon recommendation of the Executive Director. Names will be shared in strictest confidence.